SchoolIn September 1950 the Vancouver Wireless Station School opened with Mrs. Stella Husband teaching Grades 1 through 3 in one room of the Recreation Hall and Theatre. As the number of students increased, the School was moved to an H-shaped building across from the Administration Building, commonly called the Orderly Room.
During most of the 21 years that the school was in service, Grade 1 through 6 were provided by Delta School District. A separate Kindergarten, funded by the army, was housed in the same building. An active Parent Teach Auxillary (PTA) assisted the school from 1950 to 1963. In 1971 the school was closed and the building was sold to the Department of Indian Affaires for use elsewhere.
Photo captions top to bottom.ca. 1960 Photogragh of Vancouver Wireless Station School, Boundaary Bay, opend in 1948.
Mrs. Husband and her class
Mrs. Stella Husband and her class going into school.
Mrs. Stella Husband and her class pictured outside the school. She was the first teacher and Principal. ca. 1955